Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Down the Paperwork Trail...

It has now been a week since we sent our initial application fee to Christian World Adoption.  We have been amazed by the kindness of the CWA staff so far.  We have met Julie Wilson through a video conference and Linda Showalter has come on as our home study guide.  Both ladies were careful to pat us on the back and give us encouragement as we began to see the tremendous paperwork trail ahead of us.    

I just wanted to share with you how amazing God has been during this week as He is confirming our decision to adopt...

First of all, our biggest adoption supporters from the beginning have been my brother Bobby and my sister-n-law Jennifer who recently adopted beautiful Lainie from China.  They have known for a long time that adoption has been on our hearts and have gently encouraged us along the way.  When we decided to tell our family, I received this note from Jennifer the VERY NEXT DAY...  " First - congratulations on your decision to adopt.  I wish there were the right words to tell you how this journey will change your life, but words would be so inadequate.  I know firsthand how scary the journey is, but I also know firsthand that God will display Himself to you in ways that you have never experienced before.  It will be an experience that teaches you much about your Trust in Him.  Of course, I now stand on the other side and it is easy to forget the intense fear and doubt that somtimes took over my soul.  All I can say is, trust in Him.  his ways are prefect."  It is very comforting to David and me to know we have Bobby and Jennifer's support.  They have taught all of our family so much about stepping out in faith the last two years...

Secondly, I received a note from Bonnie Grigg (a member of my Bible study on Thursdays who just "happened" to get my prayer card two weeks ago)  ...Bless them with more children, Lord in your perfect timing.  Give them an openness toward adoption and lead them thru the process.  You know their children even before they are born.  You knit their family before they are born - together for them as a shepherd does..."

And finally, a kind word of encouragement from Jennifer Hall (another member of my Thursday Bible study who "happened" to get my card this week.)  She came up to me today at my daughter's book fair and said, "I just KNEW your BIG decision this week was about adoption, and I was thrilled to hear David say on Sunday that you had begun the process."

Just a few reminders of God's precious goodness and the sweet love of family and friends who really pray when they promise to do so...

3 comments:

  1. All I can say is , "Wow!" You have our prayers and our support every step of the way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are so happy for you! We will soon have another reason to visit Locust. Adoption is so beautiful and has been such a blessing to our family. Remember to trust in His perfect timing. I forgot that way too many times during both of our adoption journeys. Your son will be in your arms the exact moment that God our Father ordains it. Can't wait to follow your journey! Jan

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Julie! We are so glad to have learned of your blog and decision from Bobby and Jennifer. Our family has grown through birth and adoption too. The privilege of adoption has allowed us to know God in ways we couldn't have imagined before. We are praying for the 5 of you and look forward to staying in touch.
    Andy and Brooke

    ReplyDelete